Quinceañera Formation at St. Mary of the Lakes
- Please contact the parish office at least 6 months in advance to register for a Quinceañera Mass
- Girls who wish to have a Quinceañera Mass must be confirmed or currently enrolled in the Confirmation Program
- Beginning in 2018 all girls who would like to celebrate their Quinceañera with a Mass at St. Mary of the Lakes will need to
- attend a Parent/Teen orientation session
- and complete the 8-session "True Beauty" Formation Program.
- The program concludes with Adoration, Benediction and Closing on a First Friday.
- Please note that any young men (13+) who will take part in the Quinceañera Mass will have to complete the "True Strength" Chastity program which will be offered at the same time as "True Beauty"
- Also, any other girls (13+) in the court must also complete the program
Para nuestras familias hispanas, tengan en cuenta que tenemos un nuevo programa para nuestras Quinceañeras.
- Por favor notifique a la oficina de la parroquia con al menos 6 meses de anticipación de la fecha de su quinceañera, ya que solo ofrecemos el programa 3 veces al año.
- Además, cualquier muchacho joven que quiera participar en la Misa de la Quinceañera también debe tomar parte y en el programa.
1st 2 weeks or 1/2-day retreat:
Girls today are bombarded with conflicting messages about what it means to be a true woman. They are told they're empowered to be individuals, but also expected to conform to the prevalent attitudes about sex and feminity. They're told to be free sexually, but no one mentions the physical, emotional, and spiritual consequences of that so-called freedom. God has a better and far more consistent plan for how young girls can become true women, and this YDisciple course will examine what that is. Candid and forthcoming, True Beauty: Womanhood could be the transforming moment that will redirect a girl's life.
2nd 2 weeks or 1/2-day retreat:
In a sex-saturated world, it's difficult for young women to resist peer pressure and media messages to become sexually active as early as they can. With True Beauty: Chastity for Girls, young women are empowered to reclaim the value of chastity and purity in their lives. The necessary information is here—giving sound and clear-headed arguments for a God-inspired view of the gift of sex as a self-giving act of love and creation reserved for marriage. What they learn here will serve them for the rest of their lives. When they eventually say "I do," they can also say without shame "I didn't."
Schedule for 2017-2018:
- January 4. 2018: Orientation
- January 11, 18, 25 & February 1, 2018: True Beauty (Strength) Sessions
- February 2, 2018: Closing
- May 3, 2018: Orientation
- May 10, 17, 24, 31, 2018: True Beauty (Strength) Sessions
- June 1, 2018: Closing